How Can I Help?
- HCPC (UK) Registered Psychologist
- Chartered Psychologist (Psychological Society of Ireland and British Psychological Society)
Marie is a chartered psychologist with both the Psychological Society of Ireland (PSI) and the British Psychological Society (BPS) and is registered with HCPC. She has extensive experience in working with children and adults in psycho-educational settings. Marie works with adults in her role as a counselling psychologist both therapeutically and psycho-educationally. She is also a lecturer in higher education, and has experience of teaching psychology to undergraduate and post-graduate students. Marie is also a tutor with the Dyslexia Association of Ireland.
Qualifications and Training
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy (DCPsych) (Middlesex University, UK) Doctoral thesis addressed depression and the use of anti-depressants by mature undergraduate students
- PhD (University of Birmingham, UK). Thesis explored the relationship between forms of pedagogic practice and the acquisition of communicative competence.
- M.Phil (University of Warwick, UK).
- M.Ed. (University of Birmingham, UK). Educational and Child Psychology.
- H.Dip Psych (Open University)
- Psychometrics training Course (TCD): intelligence and achievement
- A&B Certificates in Occupational testing (BPS) – occupational testing and personality profiling.
- B.Ed (hons) (University of Surrey, UK) English, Philosophy and Education.
Dr. Marie Thérèse English Counselling Psychologist and Psychotherapist –
Contact Mobile: 085-1161312
Address: Moycullen. Co. Galway.
All rights reserved